- DOL Releases Updated Model Employer CHIP Notice August 7, 2018The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has updated its model notice for employers to provide information on eligibility for premium assistance under Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This notice is generally updated twice a year.
- New Expiration Date for Certain Model FMLA Notices is Aug. 31 August 2, 2018The U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has extended the effective date for some of its model FMLA notices through August 31, 2018.
- Protect Your Business Against Spear-Phishing Emails July 26, 2018Cyberattacks and resulting data breaches often begin with a spear-phishing email. Spear phishing differs from regular email phishing in its use of extensive research to target a specific audience, which allows the spear phisher to pose as a familiar and trusted entity in its email to a mark. Read this newsfeed update to learn tops to protect your business ag […]
- South Carolina Updates Employment Discrimination Poster July 24, 2018South Carolina has updated its employment discrimination poster to include required language regarding pregnancy accommodations.
- Delaware Adjusts Minimum Wage Increase Effective Date July 19, 2018Delaware has adjusted its minimum wage increase to $8.75 per hour to take effect on January 1, 2019.
- Summary Annual Reports Due Sept. 30 July 18, 2018Health plans with 100 or more plan participants at the beginning of a plan year are generally required to furnish a Summary Annual Report (SAR) to each health plan participant within 9 months after the end of a plan year. As a result, the deadline for most calendar year plans to satisfy the SAR requirement for plan year 2017 is September 30, 2018.
- Delaware Raises Minimum Wage July 16, 2018Under a new law, Delaware’s minimum wage will increase to:
- Oklahoma Passes Medical Marijuana Law July 12, 2018Effective July 26, 2018, Oklahoma law will generally prohibit employers from discriminating against a medical marijuana patient in hiring, termination, or any term or condition of employment.
- Court Strikes Down Parts of CA Immigration Law July 11, 2018As a result of a recent federal district court ruling, California employers are no longer prohibited from:
- New Expiration Date for Certain FMLA Notices is July 31, 2018 July 9, 2018The U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has extended the effective date of several model FMLA notices through July 31, 2018.
Glandon Insurance was founded in 1991 by Mark Glandon.