- IRS Issues Relief to Hurricane Irma Victims in Georgia September 21, 2017The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced extensions to certain tax filing and payment deadlines for Hurricane Irma victims in the entire state of Georgia.
- Oregon Releases Q and As on Employee Work Schedules and Manufacturing Employees September 19, 2017Oregon has released Q&As on employee work schedules and manufacturing employees.
- Reminder: Summary Annual Reports Due September 30 September 19, 2017As a reminder, health plans with 100 or more plan participants at the beginning of a plan year are generally required to furnish a Summary Annual Report (SAR) to each health plan participant within 9 months after the end of a plan year. As a result, the deadline for most calendar year plans to satisfy the SAR requirement for plan year 2016 is September 30, 2 […]
- NY Employers: Application for Self-Insurance Under Paid Family Leave Due Sept. 30, 2017 September 14, 2017Under New York Paid Family Leave (PFL) regulations, the deadline to apply for approval to be a PFL self-insured employer is September 30, 2017.
- DOL and IRS Issue Relief for Hurricane Irma Victims September 14, 2017The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have issued several forms of relief to victims of Hurricane Irma.
- Top 5 New Hire Forms September 12, 2017An employee's first day on the job can be very stressful for both the employee and employer. While trying to set up the employee with his or her parking pass, email account, and other necessities, employers should also remember that completing certain forms is just as important.
- IRS Offers Guidance to Prepare for Hurricanes, Floods, and Other Disasters September 7, 2017For September's National Preparedness Month, the IRS is offering guidance to those who may be affected by storms, fires, floods, or other disasters.
- Illinois Amends Volunteer Emergency Worker Job Protection Act September 7, 2017Illinois has amended its Volunteer Emergency Worker Job Protection Act.
- MA: New Law Raises Certain Employer Health Care Costs September 6, 2017A new law in Massachusetts raises the Employer Medical Assistance Contribution Rate and creates a new employer assessment if employees meet certain criteria.
- U.S. District Court Strikes Down 2016 Federal Overtime Rule September 5, 2017The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas has invalidated the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) 2016 overtime rule, which sought to alter the salary level needed for executive, administrative, and professional employees to be deemed exempt from federal minimum wage and overtime pay requirements. While this court ruling is likely to end the pri […]
Glandon Insurance was founded in 1991 by Mark Glandon.