- Reminder: Creditable Coverage Disclosures Due to CMS by March 1 for Calendar-Year Plans February 11, 2019Employers that offer prescription drug coverage to Medicare-eligible individuals via acalendar-year plan generally must complete an online disclosure to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) by March 1.
- Michigan Releases New Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Posters February 5, 2019In response to new minimum wage and paid sick leave laws, Michigan has released new minimum wage and paid sick leave posters for Michigan employers to display in a conspicuous place accessible to employees.
- New Jersey Minimum Wage to Increase on July 1 February 4, 2019Certain New Jersey minimum wage rates will increase on July 1, 2019.
- DOL Releases New Model Employer CHIP Notice February 4, 2019The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has released a new model Employer CHIP Notice with information current as of January 31, 2019.
- EEO-1 Reporting Deadline Pushed Back to May 31 February 4, 2019The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has pushed back the deadline by which employers are required to submit their 2018 EEO-1 data to May 31, 2019.
- Electronic Submission of OSHA Form 300 and 301 Data No Longer Required January 25, 2019The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has rescinded its requirement that establishments with 250 or more employees annually electronically submit data from their OSHA Forms 300 and 301 to the agency.
- DOL Increases Group Health Plan Notice Distribution Penalties January 23, 2019The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has increased the penalties employers face for failing to furnish a Summary Plan Description (SPD), Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), and Employer Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Notice.
- Michigan's Paid Sick Leave Law Becomes Effective on March 29, 2019 January 8, 2019The Michigan state legislature has announced that the state's paid sick leave law will become effective on March 29, 2019.
- Michigan's Minimum Wage to Increase on March 29, 2019 January 8, 2019The Michigan state legislature has announced that the effective date for the upcoming increase to the state's minimum wage is March 29, 2019.
- Federal Income Tax Filing Season Begins January 28 January 8, 2019The IRS will begin processing 2018 federal income tax returns on January 28, 2019.
Glandon Insurance was founded in 1991 by Mark Glandon.