- California Releases Guidance and FAQs on Immigrant Worker Protection Act February 16, 2018California has issued guidance and FAQs on the state Immigrant Worker Protection Act to help employers comply with the law.
- California Issues Template Notice of Inspection by Immigration Agencies for Employer Use February 14, 2018California has released a template Notice of Inspection by Immigration Agencies that employers may use to comply with certain legal requirements.
- Notification of Certain HIPAA Breaches Due to HHS by March 1 February 13, 2018HIPAA covered entities are reminded that the deadline to notify the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) of breaches of unsecured protected health information affecting fewer than 500 individuals in calendar year 2017 is March 1, 2018.
- 2018 IRS Publication 15 Now Available February 9, 2018The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released Publication 15 (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide, for use in 2018.
- MA: Payment for Accrued, Unused Sick Time Not Counted as Wages February 2, 2018The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has issued an opinion addressing payment for accrued, unused sick time.
- New York Issues Emergency Minimum Wage Regulations Regarding Home Care Aides February 1, 2018New York has issued emergency minimum wage regulations regarding certain home care aides.
- DOL Releases Bi-Annual Update to Employer CHIP Notice January 30, 2018The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has updated its model notice for employers to provide information on eligibility for premium assistance under Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- IRS Releases Additional Guidance on Form W-4 Compliance for 2018 January 30, 2018The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released additional guidance on Form W-4 compliance in response to the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was signed into law by President Trump in December 2017.
- EEO-1 Survey for 2017 Now Open January 29, 2018The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has completed its mailing of the 2017 EEO-1 survey notification letters. Qualifying entities are reminded that 2017 EEO-1 reports must be filed by March 31, 2018.
- Vermont: New Recreational Marijuana Law Addresses Employment January 26, 2018Vermont has passed a law, generally effective July 1, 2018, that legalizes a limited amount of marijuana possession and production. The law features provisions of interest to employers, which are detailed in this update.
Glandon Insurance was founded in 1991 by Mark Glandon.