- Westchester County, NY Releases Key Information on Sick Leave Law April 12, 2019Westchester County, NY has released important new guidance on its sick leave law.
- Many New Jersey Employers Must Soon Offer Pre-Tax Transportation Benefits April 10, 2019Under a new law, New Jersey employers with 20 or more employees will soon be required to offer pre-tax transportation benefits to their employees.
- New York Employers Must Now Provide 3 Hours of Paid Voting Leave April 9, 2019As a result of a new law, New York employers must provide 3 hours of paid voting leave to their employees for any election. Additionally, employees must notify their employers of their need for time off to vote at least 2 working days before Election Day.
- New Mexico Minimum Wage to Increase on January 1, 2020 April 4, 2019The New Mexico minimum wage will increase on January 1, 2020.
- Massachusetts: Certain Paid Family and Medical Leave Requirements Begin July 1, 2019 April 4, 2019Massachusetts has released guidance explaining upcoming employer requirements for the state’s Paid Family and Medical Leave (PFML) law.
- Maryland Minimum Wage to Increase on January 1, 2020 April 1, 2019The Maryland minimum wage will increase on January 1, 2020.
- DOL Proposes Changes to Federal Overtime Pay Exemptions March 8, 2019The U.S. Department of Labor is proposing to change the minimum salary that administrative, computer, executive, professional, and "highly compensated" employees must receive in order to be exempt from overtime pay under federal law.
- More Employers to Be Subject to NJ Family Leave Act February 22, 2019Effective June 30, 2019, New Jersey's Family Leave Act will apply to employers with as few as 30 employees worldwide, down from the current 50-employee threshold.
- Reminder: Creditable Coverage Disclosures Due to CMS by March 1 for Calendar-Year Plans February 11, 2019Employers that offer prescription drug coverage to Medicare-eligible individuals via acalendar-year plan generally must complete an online disclosure to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) by March 1.
- Illinois Minimum Wage to Increase Twice in 2020 February 11, 2019The minimum wage rate applicable to most employers in Illinois will increase twice in 2020.
Glandon Insurance has an easy quote tool, as well as a subsidy calculator and a tax credit calculator. Click through to learn more about how we can help you with your insurance needs.