- DOL Updates Regular Rate of Pay Rules December 13, 2019Final Rule Clarifies What to Include in the Regular Rate On Dec. 12, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), announced a new final rule that clarifies how to calculate an employee’s regular wage rate under the Fair Labor Standards
- DOL Issues 2020 Form W-4 December 13, 2019Employers Must Begin Using the New Form Jan. 1 On Dec. 5, 2019, the Internal Revenue Service released an updated version of its W 4 form, also known as the “Employee’s Withholding Certificate.” Employers use IRS
- Court Halts San Antonio Paid Sick Leave November 27, 2019San Antonio’s paid sick leave law will not go into effect Dec. 1 as scheduled as a result of a temporary injunction granted Nov. 22.
- DOL Proposes Revisions to Fluctuating Workweek Overtime Method November 13, 2019Comments on Proposed Rule are Due by Dec. 5 On Nov. 5, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) published a proposed rule to update the “fluctuating workweek” method for calculating employee overtime wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- California Increases Overtime Threshold for Medical and Computer Employee Exemptions November 8, 2019New Requirements Take Effect Jan. 1, 2020 The California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) has published updates to the minimum salary threshold that computer employees, physicians and surgeons must receive in order to qualify for the state’s overtime exemptions. The
- 2020 QSEHRA Contribution Limit Announced November 7, 2019Contribution Limit to Increase in 2020 The IRS has announced that the contribution limit for qualified small employer health reimbursement arrangements (QSEHRAs) will be $5,250 per employee and $10,600 per family in 2020. For 2019, the contribution limit is $5,150
- 2020 Health FSA Contribution Limit Announced November 7, 2019Contribution Limit to Increase $50 in 2020 The IRS has announced that the contribution limit for health flexible spending arrangements (health FSAs) will be $2,750 in 2020. For 2019, the contribution limit is $2,700.
- IRS Releases 2020 Retirement Contribution Limits November 6, 2019The IRS has announced that the amounts employees can contribute to 401(k)s and some IRAs will increase in 2020.
- HHS Rescinds Health Plan Identifier (HPID) under HIPAA October 29, 2019On Oct. 25, 2019, HHS released a final rule that officially withdraws the HPID requirement.
- Washington's Domestic Violence Poster Is Now Available October 24, 2019New Law Took Effect July 28 Last May, Washington adopted a new law requiring employers to display a poster about domestic violence. The poster was published recently by the Washington Employment Security Department (ESD) and it includes instructions employees can follow
Glandon Insurance has an easy quote tool, as well as a subsidy calculator and a tax credit calculator. Click through to learn more about how we can help you with your insurance needs.