- Michigan OSHA Adopts Emergency COVID-19 Standard October 23, 2020The New Standard Applies to All Employers Covered by the State OSHA Program On Oct. 14, 2020, the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) adopted an emergency COVID 19 workplace safety standard (the Standard) for all businesses covered by
- CAL/OSHA Takes Steps Toward Temporary Emergency Standard for COVID-19 October 22, 2020New Regulations Would Increase the Agency's Authority to Enforce COVID 19 Safety Standards On Sept. 17, 2020, the California Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board (the Board), part of the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal OSHA), approved
- SBA Issues New FAQs for Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness October 22, 2020Borrowers and Lenders May Rely on the Guidance Provided in the New FAQs On Oct. 13, 2020, the Small Business Administration (SBA) published a new set of answers to frequently asked questions about the forgiveness of loans issued under the
- New York State Issues FAQs for Paid Sick Leave October 22, 2020New York state has published frequently asked questions about its new paid sick leave law, covering 11 different topic areas.
- Florida Announces $8.65 Minimum Wage Rate for 2021 October 20, 2020The New Rate Becomes Effective Jan. 1, 2021 Florida has published new minimum wage posters announcing an $8.65 per hour minimum wage rate for 2021. Florida’s minimum wage rate is adjusted annually to reflect changes in the cost of living. However,
- California Expands Employee Leave Protections for Victims October 16, 2020California has expanded its employee leave protections for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking to apply to a broader category of victims, in amendments that take effect Jan. 1, 2021.
- Ohio Announces $8.80 Minimum Wage Rate for 2021 October 15, 2020The New Rate Becomes Effective Jan. 1, 2021 Ohio has published a new minimum wage poster announcing an $8.80 minimum wage rate for 2021. Ohio’s minimum wage rate is adjusted annually to reflect changes in the cost of living. The
- Washington Announces $13.69 Minimum Wage Rate for 2021 October 13, 2020The New Rate Becomes Effective Jan. 1 Washington state has announced a $13.69 minimum wage rate for 2021. Washington’s minimum wage rate is adjusted annually to reflect changes in the cost of living. However, employers should be mindful of local
- California Adds HR Personnel and Supervisors as Mandatory Reporters October 13, 2020The New Law Becomes Effective Jan. 1, 2021 On Sept. 29, 2020, California amended its existing child abuse reporting law to add two new classes of mandatory reporters for employers with five or more employees Human resource employees
- California Eases Sexual Harassment Training Requirements for Previously Trained New Employees October 9, 2020New Employees Who Already Received the Required Training May Be Placed on Two Year Schedule from Date of Last Training Effective Sept. 28, 2020, California has amended its law that requires employers with five or more employees to provide sexual