- DOL: Employees May Use FMLA Leave for IEP Meetings August 23, 2019Employees may take leave under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to attend their child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings, according to a recent opinion letter from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- New York Expands Employee Protections Against Harassment and Discrimination August 22, 2019On Aug. 12, 2019, New York adopted a new series of measures that expand the scope of employee anti-harassment and anti-discrimination protections.
- New York Adopts Equal Pay Law August 16, 2019New York Adopts Equal Pay Law
- Maine Passes Expansive Paid Employee Leave Law August 15, 2019Maine’s earned employee leave law allows employees to earn one hour of paid leave for every 40 hours worked. This paid leave may be used for any reason.
- California Expands Definition of Racial Discrimination August 2, 2019The California legislature has added that racial discrimination also includes discriminating on the basis of traits and characteristics that are historically associated with race.
- Oregon Adopts Pregnancy Accommodation Law July 31, 2019Oregon Adopts Pregnancy Accommodation Law
- New Jersey Adds Protections for Medical Marijuana Users July 24, 2019New Jersey Adds Protections for Medical Marijuana Users
- New Law in Maine Provides Veterans Medical Leave July 23, 2019New Law in Maine Provides Veterans Medical Leave.
- HDHP Preventive Care Benefits Expanded July 19, 2019A new IRS notice expands the list of preventive care benefits that may be covered by a high deductible health plan (HDHP) without a deductible, or with a deductible below the minimum for HDHPs.
- Connecticut Enacts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law July 19, 2019Connecticut Enacts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law
Text of page